Potential applicants, be sure to check out the Grant FAQ page or the Grant Workshop Slides for answers to many of your questions.
You can also watch the recorded webinar here (webinar begins at 4:40 on video).
The purpose of the Innovative Grants Program is to provide funding to projects that stimulate student’s creativity and expand the existing curriculum. All awarded grants will be monitored by the foundation to ensure each project is effectively meeting the project goals and meeting the mission of the Keller ISD Education Foundation.
PROGRAM GIVING TO DATE
Annual Training: September-October
Annual Start Date: October 1
Annual Closing Date: October 31
Award Date: January
Implementation: Spring Semester
• Applicant must be a full time employee (teacher, counselor, librarian, nurse or other full time employee) of Keller ISD.
• Application may be submitted by any individual by themselves or on behalf of grade level, subject matter or campus team.
• Each applicant must complete and submit online application form.
• Each application must provide all required information.
• The project must impact students directly and enhance the academic environments.
• Project proposals should offer an innovative and creative approach to either an identified classroom need or special student based project.
• Applications must demonstrate a specific need or specific project.
• Project proposals must align with Keller ISD curriculum and strategic plan.
• Project proposals will not be considered if funding is available from other sources (district funding, state funding, etc)
• Project proposals may not support an extracurricular activity.
• Grants will not fund transportation, salary, stipends or other non-educational expenses.
• Each project must be approved by campus principal or administrator.
• Previous grant winners are eligible.
• Applicants are limited to submitting two grants.
• THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL, CAMPUS, MASCOT OR TEACHER SHALL NOT BE PLACED ON ANY PART OF THE APPLICATION OTHER THAN INFORMATION PAGE. APPLICATIONS WITH THIS INFORMATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
- Grant requests are not limited and will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the grant committee.
- If an awarded project requires additional funding, the recipient is responsible for securing the additional funding through other sources.
- Keller I.S.D. purchase orders are required for expenditures paid for by the Keller ISD Education Foundation.
- If a project is funded, all equipment, materials and concepts become the property of Keller I.S.D.
- We have great interest in your project. The Foundation will ask recipients to submit a brief evaluation of their program through updated reports, PowerPoint presentation or other means of communication as a part of the grant process.
- We recommend that each applicant creates answers to grant application in a Word document before submitting the application. The application will not be stored for revision. It must be submitted in its entirety Once the application is submitted, you cannot go back and make changes. You will have to start over.